Youth Pastor Position
We are looking for someone who is passionate about positively influencing Young People and reaching them for Christ.
“We exist to help people Know, Love, and Serve God, the Church and their Communities.”
In obedience to the Great Commandment and the Great Commission, we, the Mt. Carroll Church
of God, will intentionally go outside the walls of the church with the illuminating power of the
Gospel of Jesus Christ, in order to engage our communities. We will invest our time, talents, and
resources to meet people where they are at in their life's journey. We provide stimulating
conversations, energetic and relevant worship and Biblical teaching, pointing everyone towards
a deeper connection with Jesus Christ without compromising the Truth of God’s Word.
Therefore, we aspire to develop the God-given abilities of every believer to Know, Love and
Serve God, the Church and Their Community.
What we have to offer:
- A full time ministry opportunity 40+ hours.
- A growing Church family of 100+ and a great facility.
- Supportive people who understand that if you do not reach Youth by the age of 13, every subsequent year greatly reduces the chance of them coming to Christ, and know that the future of the Church is greatly influenced by the success of your ministry and have a vested interest in seeing you succeed.
- A financial budget that will allow you to do your ministry.
- Pay will be based on factors such as degree, experience and whatever else that you bring to the table.
The Mt Carroll Church of God is part of the Churches of God General Conference out of Findlay, Ohio. We are located in Mt Carroll, Illinois (61053) 10 miles from the Mississippi River and 30 miles south of Wisconsin. We are on the edge of a town of 1,600, within a county of 18,000 and would be well defined as rural.
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Someone who is teachable and willing to learn from mistakes
- Someone who is self motivated.
- Able to relate to, teach and lead creatively people of all ages to become better disciples of Jesus Christ
- Help youth and young adults grow in their faith and walk with Jesus, discover their gifts, and to serve in their local Church
- Youth or Family Ministry experience, with 2+ years of experience is preferred
- Honest recommendations from 5 References
- Be willing to connect to two Jr. High and two Sr. High Schools in our community
- Recruit and train adults to build relationships with and disciple Youth
- Lead Youth on Missions Experiences in and out of the Country
- Be accountable to the Senior Pastor and Elder Board
- Complete the Licensing Requirements of the MRC of the Churches of God General Conference
- Pass a Background Check.
ARE YOU READY?
Are you ready to pursue the call that God has placed on your life? Are you ready to pray and talk about this opportunity some more? If so, we would love to hear from you. Send your resume to: [email protected] and put “I’m Ready” in the subject line